Chris Hubbard will bridge the professional gap that exists on the Alexandria City Council, to build a healthier, pedestrian-friendly (sustainable, transit oriented, environmentally friendly) lifestyle. Learn More
Chris Hubbard’s resume is different. As a decades-long small-business owner, a family man, a professional architect and planner, and an expert on healthy living, he is in a prime position to support our unique Alexandrian community with:
Being Pedestrian-Friendly (Sustainable, Transit oriented and environmentally friendly)
- Living a Healthier Lifestyle
- Having a Schools-First Mentality
- Offering Affordable Housing
Chris will accomplish these goals by relying on creativity and ingenuity to solve problems, and on four critical areas of expertise:
- An award-winning professional architect and planner. With three decades of experience in “pedestrian-friendly” architecture and planning, Chris has established a connection between architecture and planning, and healthier living. This branch of architecture supports critical areas of concern in Alexandria: reducing traffic congestion; reducing air, water and noise pollution; increasing social connectedness for quality of life; and developing affordable housing.
- A father of 3 school-age daughters. With girls ages 8, 11 and 13 who have attended Alexandria City Public Schools, Chris Hubbard has real-time knowledge of the successes and short-comings of the school system.
- A small business owner for 27 years. From meeting payroll, to balancing strict budgets and keeping up with stakeholder demands, Chris has an in-depth understanding of the challenges faced by Alexandrian small business owners, and City Council members.
- Studying Complementary and Alternative Medicine for over 30 years with a Masters degree from Georgetown University Medical Center. He looks at the connections between architecture and planning and health. He would also make decisions from this perspective.