Thank you to all those who supported me for City Council !
Congratulations to the nominees for City Council.
Chris Hubbard will bridge the professional gap that exists on the Alexandria City Council, to build a healthier, pedestrian-friendly (sustainable, transit oriented, environmentally friendly) lifestyle. Learn More
Chris Hubbard’s resume is different. As a decades-long small-business owner, a family man, a professional architect and planner, and an expert on healthy living, he is in a prime position to support our unique Alexandrian community with his unique Expertise:
Being Pedestrian-Friendly (Sustainable, Transit oriented and environmentally friendly)
- Mitigating, Calming and Reducing Traffic; Making more walkable mixed use neighborhoods which rise to the promise of the rich, walkable mixed -use neighborhoods of Old Town and Del Ray (At Landmark, Potomac Yard and Eisenhower Valley). The nominees for City Council have Zero development and planning expertise and thus they will continue the trend of missed opportunities and development which falls short of best practices and the rich, human scaled promise of Old Town and Del Ray… Based on their lack of expertise, they also will not Mitigate, Calm or Reduce Traffic in Alexandria – Rt. 1 South affordability strategy will dump ~4000 car trips per day on Rt 1 with increased units proposed at the site, at build out, without transit…
- Schools first with Integrated Income Affordable Housing. The schools will never see top performance until the City’s segregated income affordable housing is converted to Integrated Income affordable housing per top research. Based on Chris’investigation, the City refuses to reform their affordable housing so in general, with the nominees for City Council, who seem to be clueless about this well researched factor, Alexandria schools will continue to be poorly performing schools despite having some great teachers, programs and facilities.
- Reforming Development: Do development right the first time and make sure developers compensate for Burdens on the City for: Transportation, Schools, Affordable Housing and Playing Fields. The nominees for City Council have Zero development and planning expertise and thus they will continue the trend of missed opportunities and development which falls short of best practices and the rich, human scaled promise of Old Town and Del Ray… and getting less from developers for the City.
Chris will accomplish these goals by relying on creativity and ingenuity to solve problems, and on four critical areas of expertise.
Chris Hubbard is recommended by the “Alexandrians for Accountability at City Hall” group. Please join their Facebook page if you are concerned about the transparency or accountability of the City Council, Manager and Staff.. Media link for City Trust and Transparency problem at Potomac yard: https://pycr.blog/py-metro-press-coverage/
Chris Hubbard is recommended by the group: Citizen’s for Sensible Growth.
Chris Hubbard is recommended by “Friends of Alexandria Restaurants” group.
Chris would have held the City Accountable to Alexandria Residents and Best Practices. He has the expertise to do so, as a Licensed Architect for 27 years, he has been held to Ethical, Industry, Health, Safety and Welfare Best Practices ! It is highly unlikely, that the new council will increase City accountability particularly with the incumbents (who mislead residents for 3/4 of a year) on the Council and lack of expertise – lets see if they fire the City Manager who mislead residents for 3/4 of a year (related to Potomac Yard)? Or, give the residents the Southern entrance? All incumbents should have been removed from the City Council for their serious breach of Public Trust related to Potomac Yard!!!
Profile of Chris Hubbard in Alexandria Times:
- An award-winning professional architect and planner. With three decades of experience in “pedestrian-friendly” architecture and planning, Chris has established a connection between architecture and planning, and healthier living. This branch of architecture supports critical areas of concern in Alexandria: reducing traffic congestion and the WAZE assault on the safety of residential streets; reducing air, water and noise pollution; increasing social connectedness for quality of life; and developing market rate (or non-publicly funded) affordable integrated income housing.
- A father of 3 school-age daughters. With girls ages 9, 11 and 13 who have attended Alexandria City Public Schools over 8 years, Chris Hubbard has real-time knowledge of the successes and short-comings of the school system and is committed to improving the schools through funding, maintenance, programs and integrated income affordable housing.
- A small business owner for 27 years. From meeting payroll, to balancing strict budgets and keeping up with stakeholder demands, Chris has an in-depth understanding of the challenges faced by Alexandrian small business owners, and City Council members and wants to solve problems through creativity.
- Studying Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Science) for over 30 years with a Masters degree from Georgetown University Medical Center. He looks at the connections between architecture and planning and health. He would also make decisions from this perspective. A healthier Alexandria includes a healthier environment: less car trips per day and less air, water and noise pollution; Less runoff, less water pollution; A healthier social and human capital environment: integrated income affordable housing which improves education, social, health and income outcomes for children – improves equity, community and schools; Connecting the West to the East/Metro through complete boulevards; More walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods. Healthier fiscal environment for residents and businesses: reduce City spending through solving problems through creativity – net zero taxes..